The winter off-season is a smart time to upgrade your lawnmower. Sure, a trusty mower is nice, rather have a speedy new powerhouse that allows you to spend less time cutting? We’ve gone ahead and put together some of the best lawn mower deals to help you save time and money ahead of the summer.
Our list covers a full range of electric and gas push mowers and robot options with plenty of different deck sizes. However, we’ve chosen to leave out riding mowers for now. We’ve also listed a few pros and cons of each mower style at each section’s start to help you choose. After all, a good lawn mower should be built to last for years.
Best lawn mower deals
- Electric lawn mowers
- Gas lawn mowers
- Robot lawn mowers
Editor’s note: We will update our list of the best lawn mower deals as new sales launch.
Electric lawn mowers
There are two basic types of electric lawn mowers — cordless mowers and corded ones that rely on connected power to reach the edges of your lawn. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
Cordless electric lawn mowers are generally more expensive than their plug-in cousins. This is because all you need is a charged battery, and you’ll be able to mow just about anywhere you can take your mower. Cordless mowers often have different power modes so that you can save a bit of energy on flat surfaces too. If your cordless mower relies on a removable 40V battery, you can easily replace it and double your mowing time.
On the other hand, corded electric mowers are often cheaper because they utilize power cords instead of expensive batteries. Unfortunately, this means you can only mow where your extension cords can reach. You have to be mindful of your cord, too; otherwise, you may cut it apart with the mower itself.
Here are our top picks:
- Powerworks 60V 21-inch Brushless HP Mower for $365.19 ($114 off)
- Greenworks 40V 16-Inch Electric Lawn Mower for $242.21 ($57 off)
- Greenworks 12 Amp 20-Inch 3-in-1 Electric Corded Lawn Mower for $164.88 ($35 off)
- Greenworks Pro 80V 21-Inch Push Lawn Mower for $404.56 ($94 off)
- Dewalt 2X20V MAX Brushless 20-inch Cordless Lawn Mower for $399 ($19 off)
- Sun Joe 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower for $129 ($59 off)
- LawnMaster 0802 Cordless 19-Inch Brushless 60V Push Lawn Mower for $229.99 ($50 off)
Gas lawn mowers
Gas-powered mowers are a nice choice if you want to maximize your power and you’re not too worried about noise. You can mow anywhere your mower can reach, as long as you have enough gas. The extra power makes gas mowers the best pick if you have lusciously thick grass because some electric mowers may struggle.
One of the main downsides to gas mowers is the added maintenance. You not only have to keep gasoline on hand, but more engine parts can break and require costly trips to a repair shop. Most gas-powered mowers offer electric start mechanisms, but those can lead to costly repairs as well.
These are the best deals we found:
- PowerSmart 17-inch Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower for $199.99 ($20 off)
- PowerSmart 22-inch 3-in-1 Gas Lawn Mower for $299.99 ($49 off)
- Laginza 22-inch 4-in-1 Self-Propelled Gas Powered Lawn Mower for $329 ($40 off)
- Troy-Bilt TB130 21-inch 159cc Gas Mulching Lawn Mower for $359.63 ($117 off)
- 161cc 20-inch 2-in-1 Gas-Powered Lawn Mower for $593.99 ($592 off)
Robot lawn mowers
Robot lawnmowers, like robot vacuums, are some of the most expensive and advanced options on the market. They have varying degrees of autonomy, and many can be controlled with apps. This means that you can easily schedule your robot to mow with minimal effort, and some robot mowers are compatible with Alexa. Robot mowers are typically very quiet, so you could probably mow overnight without disturbing anyone’s sleep.
Related: The best robot lawn mowers you can buy